3/14/2008

Green marketing



I read the report of ‘green marketing’ which is searched in google. And I found a example of this marketing in Korea.

I have been interested in the company named ‘Tae pyoung yang’. I like the cosmetic line of this company and these days I am very impressed by the marketing of ‘Sulloc’ which is subsidiary of this company and it produces green tea. Recently, ‘Sulloc’ opened the tea house applying ‘green marketing’.

'Green marketing is the marketing of products that pursue environmentally safe. Thus green marketing incorporates a broad range of activities, including product modification, changes to the production process, packaging changes, as well as modifying advertising. Yet defining green marketing is not a simple task where several meanings intersect and contradict each other; an example of this will be the existence of varying social, environmental and retail definitions attached to this term. Other similar terms used are Environmental Marketing and Ecological Marketing.' (from the report)
Before I read the report about green marketing, I just simply thought that this marketing is related to wellbeing products and it only targets to the old people who are interested in healthy life. However, it appears diversely in the market. Especially, already as I mentioned, ‘Sulloc tea house’ is what I really impressed and a good example of ‘green marketing’. I visited there last summer (2007) which is opened in Myoung dong in Seoul. It looked like a fancy café but only sells lots of kinds of green tea and various menus using the green tea. And also interior is like a green environment which made people feel relax. Entire mood of the tea house is very clean and healthy.
This tea house and marketing are working to various age consumers. And I think it can be a big rival to lots of coffee shops like Star bucks, Coffee been. In Asia, tea markets are very wide and people usually like it and feel comfortable. But, the marketing is not good to make this market larger to the world. I want to research more about the tea markets and appropriate marketing like ‘green marketing’.

http://www.marketingprofs.com/
http://www.greenbiz.com/resources/marketing/


20600171 Kim Ji won

No comments: