3/21/2008

Korean traditional food,Hongsam




I always think that Korea has no ability to make a value from products, tourist attractions, foods, traditional clothes, history, beautiful city etc even though there are so many sources to marketing in Korea.
Especially, I want to talke about "Hongsam"which is Korean red ginseng. I met many forign friends and their families who really want to buy Korean Hongsam. They asked me to buy Hongsam from Korea and send it to abroad where they lived. I was very disappointed that Korean Government doesn't do anything about it. So many people in the world demand the Hongsam, but the market of Hongsam is limited development and loss the chance made the global size markets.
Scientists report a significant efficacy of red ginseng. Red ginseng is famous in Korea for a medicinal herb to prevent various diseases. And also the basic effect of red ginseng is its capacity to increase resistance to various adverse factors such as stress. Some scientists prove that ginseng helps reduce stress, increases stamina, and strengthen good physical condition.
I also everyday drink the Hongsam tonic for my health. and amazingly it works and is much better than vitamin or other western style medicines that I have ever eat. I can assure that HongSam has a great value to find larger market abroad.
Unfortunately, Korea has a big matching enemy in the Hongsam markets - China. Of course, there are great quality products in China but also there are low level and copy products which is similar to Korean products. Undoubtedly, Korean products quality is better even it cannot be compared but problem is price. It is difficult to get a patent because Hongsam is like a food which supports the health.
Nowdays, Hongsam is being known for its quality and effect by people lived in all over the world. Government and many companies have been studied ginseng and its marketing to the global market. I think that already Korean red ginseng is received much recognintion however still I feel it's not easy to buy in other countries. I was in singapore last semester for 6 months and in that time I really realized that Japanese's marketing power. First of all, there are two super big department stores and there are lots of foods,clothes, restaurants which are japanese style. People like Japanese style, and it is so easy to buy and eat japanese thing. Japan has a great capability to make their products be famillar to people. Korea also has to improve the maketing of traditional products.


20600171 - 2nd entry

No comments: